C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:11:49 +0100
7bit
From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
On Thursday 13 September 2007 21:36:51 ken barber wrote:
> lets see, the question is am i buying fred singers
> opinion becouse of his book. no actually the 500
> scientist and there peer reviewd publishications
> referred to by the Hudson institutes research is what
> i am relying on to state that there is really no
> consensus, but rather one side trying to ramrod an
> opinion by saying there is consensus over and over
> hoping to silence the other side.

It is Fred Singer speaking on behalf of the Hudson Institute, I thought you
understood that. I also thought you understood that a lot of the 500
scientists which Mr Singer says published peer reviewed papers against man
made global warming were actually presenting evidence for the opposite view,
the fact that he then "re-interprets" that data in some looney way does not
mean that each of those 500 scientists then agree with his scientifically
untenable position.

If you read his statements carefully, he never claims that the 500 scientists
support his view, just that parts of 500 published research papers may support
his view - there is a subtle difference Ken. From his own words there may be
only 2 people (Avery & Singer) who support this theory, so you're right,
there is no consensus, there are at least 2 holdouts!!

You refer to the "Hudson Institutes research", I'm afraid this doesn't exist!!
If you research a little deeper you'll discover that a Hudson board member
paid Avery & Singer to write a debunk global warming book. To fulfill that
commission they cherry picked data from 500 published research papers
(not "Hudson Research") and published this drivel.

You are championing the man who got it wrong with CFCs, and again on passive
smoking. I certainly would not stake the world on his track record!!

Cheers

Deri