C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:42:29 +0000
7bit
From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
On Tuesday 22 Nov 2005 05:47, Rayna wrote:

[snip]

> It seems that I have weird little toes, they both turn under my  feet -
> always have, and I thought that  was normal, apparently not - and in the
> last few weeks that has meant that I've essentially been walking on my
> toenails.  That explains the excruciating pain when I walk.  May have to
> go to a podiatrist - the thought makes me physically ill.  I cannot bear
> people fiddling with my feet - or even touching them.  I've spoken to a
> few others with CP in the last couple of years who also have this
> difficulty.  Does anyone else have problems with this, or have any ideas
> as to the cause - physical or psychological?
>
> Rayna

I hate cutting my toenails. There are two strategies (equally awful):-

Either cut them regularly, but the scars from cutting bits of toe haven't got
time to heal, or

Ignore them until you've got to use a pair of scissors like bolt cutters to
get anywhere with them (always count them afterwards - there should be 10!!)

50 years of walking on the balls of my feet means that even my bunions have
got bunions now!!

Cheers

Deri