C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:05:25 -0400
7bit
From:
Hmm...considering that most people don't get disabled until they
 are pensioners (at least here in this country), I don't see how that could
help here.  Oh, and also a lot of disabled people don't even collect social
security disability benefits because they don't qualify.  In the US,
disability income is paid until you reach the full retirement age which in my
case would be 66.

Also consider that many placards are issued to drivers who transport disabled
passengers.  I think that's where a lot of the abuse comes in, too.  But the
photo could be workable, up to a point.

So now that you no longer have a badge, how is this affecting your ability to
get to work and go about your business?  Do you have to take public tranport
more now, or what?  How does this affect pensioners who don't draw disability
income but become disabled?

Kat