C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:34:58 -0400
7bit
From:
Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Kat, I've seen one, and I've heard of some others.  The one I've seen I
wouldn't recommend to an enemy.  The one I've seen is the Daamco unit.  A
friend had it on her chair, and the first time she tried it, it worked fine.
Then she took it off to use her manual chair normally, and when she tried to
put it back to use it again, the darn thing never worked properly again.
I've heard tell from other users of the unit that it was hard on pneumatic
tires and was a bitch in rain.

The others are newer, and if you want info on them, here's the scoop:
http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/powerassist.html

I think you'll find this to be highly inforamtivve.