Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:13:16 -0600
right, and that is one of their points is that the portion of say 20 meters
that is allocated for cw right now can be better used for phone or digital
instead of having that big chunk just for cw...i dont think i have ever
heard anymore then about 4 maybe 5 CW stations on at any one time unless
there is a contest.  Compared to phone where at any given time you can
sometimes hear 50 or 60 stations when conditions are favorable.
However, this may be true for 10, 15, 17 and 20, but when you get onto 40
meters there is still allot of cw activity all the time so i dont think it
will ever dy on 40 and for sure not on 20 but the CW portion of the band
will become constricted.
Considering cw is relatively narrow banded anyway, im not sure why there has
to be such a large chunk of the band dedicated to just cw when generally
there are not allot of stations using it.
With phone being the very obvious choice amongst hams...one can tell just by
listening around the bands which is the more popular, then by rights the
more popular mode should be given priority, just as CW was given priority at
one time.
73
Colin, V A6BKX