Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:03:14 -0400
Hi.

My plan is to set the MFJ 993 up to be used on Antenna 1 on the TS2000S,
and connect the 6 meter antenna to Antenna 2 on the TS2000S.  My
understanding is that when properly interfaced, the Kenwood TS2000S will
control the MFJ993 which covers 160 through 10 meters on the Antenna 1
port, but the Kenwood TS2000S continues to use the internal tuner on
Antenna 2.  Since the internal tuner covers 6 meters, and the external one
doesn't, that's perfect!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 11:05 AM 7/23/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>the external tuner has more range, it can tune a more mismatched antenna and
>I hear the built one in the TS-2000, since it's relays, leaves a bit to be
>desired so they could put it in a tighter place. when I get my TS-2000 down
>the road I'll probably take the tuner I now use with the 706, the LDG AT100
>pro, and put that on the 2000 and get the smaller tuner, it only handles 50
>watts on 6 but I think it will fit my portable station better though this
>tuner is perfect for now and I really like it. I could also just buy another
>one of what I have and that wouldn't surprise me either.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]