Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:44:50 -0400
Hi;
Its a trivial thing but has anyone else noticed how few people on hf phone
seem to be calling cq these days?  Lots of folks calling cq on cw.  I've
often marveled at the number of folks that have gotten together for qsos and
yet so few are out there calling cq looking for a contact.

One of our local repeaters was linked with a satellite several years ago.
Someone accessed the repeater and tried calling "cq".  The operator of the
repeater was horrified and informed him that nobody was calling cq through
his repeater.  God, however, has a sense of humor.  Someone else from
another state accessed the satellite which in turn came through the repeater
and promptly called cq.  The poor repeater owner/operator was left a bit
speechless and said "I guess people will call cq through my repeater after
all."  It was my laugh for the afternoon.
Rich