Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dan Gistenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:49:01 -0500
Hello,

I'm using my Yaesu FT2600m 2 meter transceiver as my echoLink link station
radio. Even though it's transmitting at only 5 watts, it gets hot quickly.
I've put a 120 second timeout on transmissions coming from the Internet,
but the radio still gets hot and the timeouts are irritating to both me
and the folks I'm talking to.

Has anyone solved this problem? Pointed a fan at the radio? I've talked
with a sighted ham who pointed a couple of pc fans at his radio and uses
transistors and some other components in a home brew circuit that causes
the radio's ptt to turn the fans on and off. What have others done?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dan
n9pgm