From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:24:13 -0400
----------Original Message------------

Date:    Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:29:41 -0500
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: SDRAM upgrade for HP 521n

I have 256 and can only go to 512, can I use :

pqi POWER Series 256MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory?

my manual says PC800 and this is PC3200, does this matter?

------------------------------

        When doing a quick search of the internet, I found these specifications
posted on a PC review site. While there may be some specific differences
between your PC and the one that was reviewed, I'm sure that what is posted
here is probably close to what you have. I think you are confusing the
maximum amount of memory your system will accomodate with the maximum amount
per slot. There are probably two memory slots on the motherboard and each
one can be filled with a maximum of a 512 MB module. As far as the type of
memory, it does not look like you can use either of the modules you have
listed. Both of those types of memory are used for a PC with different
specifications than the one you have. You'll need, or want one or two sticks
of PC 133 SDRAM that are 512 MB in size, and it looks like you will be able
to use two for a total of 1 GB total memory. I've posted the specifications
from the site (
http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_Pavilion_521n___Athlon_XP_1_4_GHz/4507-3118_7-300
63755.html?tag=tab).
        Also, another search resulted in this find for additional memory for your
PC that also bears out the type and maximum amount here
(http://www.edgetechcorp.com/store/Products/HP/Pavilion/521n/)

Clock speed                             1.4 GHz
Processor type                  Athlon XP
Installed processor qty                 1
Processor manufacturer          AMD
Processor performance index     1600+
Processor upgradability                 Upgradable

RAM
RAM installed                   256 MB
Max supported RAM                       1 GB
Memory specification compliance         PC133
Memory speed                    133 MHz
RAM form factor                         DIMM 168-pin
RAM technology                  SDRAM
RAM upgrade rule                        Max 512 MB module

Video Output
Graphics processor                      VIA Apollo KLE133
Analog video format                     None
Digital video standard          None
Video output form factor                Integrated
Video output interface type             AGP
Video output supported          None Installed
Video output type                       Graphics adapter

HTH

Chris Ryan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads