From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:45:07 -0400
That's funny that you've experience high traffic on the below echolinked
repeaters you referred to. There's a few echolink nodes connected to some
systems here in Toronto and it hasn't brought in more traffic, just people
calling at unusual times. For example, at 2 a.m. if I forget to shut off the
rig, I'll hear some person checking in from London England where it's later
in the morning. Or perhaps a Vk station from Australia who obviously has no
concept of the time of the place he's calling, either that or he doesn't
care and he's taking a chance. If I knew it was late for somewhere I
probably wouldn't try at all, but that's me and noone asked, hi hi! If there
ever is any high traffic-- and it's seldom: it's mostly from our locals who
are eager to talk to England or Australia. Then they cause a pile up on a
machine that isn't really used. Since everyone has ties with these people
and vice versa, wow, that's all I can say! Some small repeaters across the
border from me in Buffalo and surrounding areas have opened up echolink and
Irlp to bring on some more activity. I find it annoying at points, when I'm
having a local conversation and suddenly people swoop down on you and
surprise you. Sometimes it's cool, other times, I wish they weren't there.