From:
David Mazakas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:57:21 -0400
You could check the USB port with a flash drive (thumb drive)if you have
one. If not try connecting your printer up to the USB port. Most printers
have a USB as well as a Parallel port. Another problem could be the scanner
software or scanner driver. Uninstall those and reinstall them. You could
also uninstall the device software, then disconnect the scanner and restart
the computer. Then re-connect the scanner to the computer and see if Windows
picks up the scanner and installs it with the "found new hardware wizard". I
hope one of these does the trick for you.

           David B Mazakas