From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 05:54:37 -0500
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Xenu's Sister wrote:

> At 03:31 AM 6/25/97 -0500, Karl wrote:

> Yep. Just as Paleoguys'n'gals never had to deal with
> eating cheese and Hostess Cup Cakes, they never
> had to deal with becoming obese and then having
> to lose it all.

        It's more than that.  There is a real, biological difference
between fat and fit.  Fat can eat less then a fit person and still
maintain or gain weight.  Diets, as we understand them, do not work.  The
only successfull dieters are those who stick to semi-starvation and keep
themselves at 1700 or less per day.  Still, they have as much as four
times the normal amount of fat cells, although these cells are far
smaller.

> A few extra pounds during feast times
> would be the extent of their extra weight. That's
> another reason why I think that though Neanderthin
> is an ideal way to eat, I'm having my doubts that it's
> ideal for losing a *large* amount of weight.

        The problem is -what- would be ideal?  I have to say don't blaim
NeanderThin if the culprit is lack of physical activity.  My personal
recommendation is fighting fatism rather than fighting yourself.
        Well, I've gone down two inches from my waist, so I won't
complain unless I gain it back.  I've got an outddoor job so I'll try to
reduce as much bulk as possible to reduce heat-related illness.  And now
that I know where MSG comes from, I should be OK.
        I'm lactose intollerent, and if I had to switch to a "healthy"
diet that has lots of yummy dairy, I would start killing people.  I hate
dairy, and if I'm counting calories it seems like a large waste to give
up 30 calories just to flavor milk to the point it becomes drinkable, and
to give up a whole fat unit just to make it not taste like pure crap.
        I hate milk.

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley