C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:59:04 -0400
I've never heard of Baclofen pumps making the scoliosis worse.  It would
depend on what's causing her scoliosis, abnormal trunk control, hip
dysplasia, etc.  Was it the Adeli suit?  That and therasuits are very
popular now.  Botox injections only work to help release the muscle from an
abnormal pattern and have to be followed by aggressive splinting and
exercise.  All options have consequences and eventually, you'll make the
decision that's best for your family.

Beth t.