From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:44:07 -0600
wouldn't a chip bassed regulater insure that the voltage stays at a certain
rate, given that the voltage is slightly higher then a certain amount.
For instance, the radio could be set up to run on 12 volts and the regulator
could regulate up to 13 or 13.2 given a 13.8 power supply...so that if the
voltages varied somewhere between 12 and 13.8 it would automatically
regulate it to 12 in the radio.
This wouldn't work of course if the voltage was too low, but if the internal
workings were set up to run on something lower then your average supply and
then it was regulated from a higher voltage down to a lower, it would work.
73
Colin, V A6BKX