From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 21:20:04 -0400
Hi Colin.

My sister, Darla, KA2GLP has an Icom IC-T2H and loves it.  She gets plenty
of output, and it has a good receiver.  Programming it with the Icom
cloning software is pretty straightforward, also.

It is a little bigger than some of the "pocket" radios.  For example, if
you are looking for small, my Icom IC-T7H is much smaller, but I imagine it
is more than you wanted to spend, since the 'T7H is a dual band HT.

If I hadn't wanted 70 cm also, I would have taken a good look at the
IC-T2H.  It is a nice radio, and I don't mind the size.  Heck, I just
retired a Radio Shack HTX202!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 04:07 PM 6/8/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>you know...the ironic bit is that i now, after doing some looking, realize i
>could have a ic t2H sport here from HRO or universal radio, including
>shipping charges for only about 20 bucks more then i will have payed for
>that crazy ic 2at by the time all is said and done.
>Oh well...by the way, while on the topic of the ic t2H anyone had experience
>with that particular radio?
>It is a toss up right now between a ic t2H and a ic v8
>Seems as though the ic t2h sport actually has some better reviews on
>eham.net then the ic v8 interestingly enough.
>73
>Colin, V A6BKX

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK