From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:52:47 -0500
Hi Tom.

If the reset didn't bring back the transmit on 2 meters, then I am fearful
that there is indeed an electronic problem with the radio that will require
service if the parts are still available.

Oh well, at least prices are a bit more attractive than they were when I
was in college in the late 70's and early 80's.  In those days you could
spend $300 to $400 for 2 meters only, and it would be only 10 to 25 watts
and if you were lucky, it might have 5 channels of memory.  Funny,
though.  I started out with a 10 watt radio, and I think I made as many
contacts with it as I do with the modern 50 watt radios.

Anyway, I was really hoping that the reset would do the trick for you.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:31 PM 3/21/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>     Pat:
>
>My son said he did some sort of re-set, but we don't know if it was
>complete.  All we know is that all his memories were lost, so there you go!
>
>You know:  Sometimes these radios are as bad as computers--you can't live
>with them or without them!
>
>Anyway, I hope he contacts Matt Adrian today or sometime this week so we can
>get some answers.
>
>If he comes up dry, it may be up to dear old Dad to get him another mobile
>rig.  But, hey, we have a ways to go before that step is taken.
>
>I will do what I have to do, though, to keep his interest in ham radio
>alive.
>
>It's only money, right?
>
>Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

Louis Kim Kline