From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:43:49 -0700
Hi Gary,

Yes.  Math and science materials are still the most difficult to make
accessible.  I'm just asking that the League and others do their best to
work with us.  It certainly won't be perfect.

There's Nemeth Braille and some other technology called Verbal Math.  Those
are the available specialized formats for us.  Neither can be automatically
converted from anything publishers might be using in their electronic files.

I took an electronics class in my local community college to meet a program
requirement.  My electronics textbook was available in electronic format,
but much of the mathematics were missing.  Diagrams and schematics were also
nonexistent.  I still had to obtain sighted assistance, but, really, I
didn't mind since the publisher tried its best to be accessible.  That's all
I ask when it comes to accessibility.  Give it a good old serious college
try!  I am quite able and willing to travel the remaining distance, getting
sighted help if necessary.