Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:41:27 -0500
Dave

>I need a new coffee maker, and a lot of the better ones are vaccuum or drip
>and filter the coffee through a fine metal mesh instead of a paper filter.
>Is this bad?  Could anyone steer me in the right direction?  Thanks!

A lot of people (I suppose) think it saves trees to use the permanent filter
instead of using throw away paper filters.  I just put a paper filter in the
metal one and my machine works fine.  I have read several studies that
indicate coffee ups your cholesterol so I have always used paper filters.
But...

since joining this list I've become aware of the cholesterol myths web
sight.  My husband has done a thorough search of the net for valid research
on the connection of higher cholesterol levels and increased risk of heart
disease and has not found any conclusive evidence.  The studies that are
used for "proof" are flawed and would not be accepted as evidence for
changing one's lifestyle in any other instance so why this myth is being
perpetuated to the extent it has is a mystery to me.  Of course it wouldn't
have anything to do with the almight dollar would it?

Good luck on your mission, Cas