EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:42:02 -0500
The accuracy of ViaVoice and NaturallySpeaking was comparable when I
investigated both products several years ago, but I stopped using and
recommending ViaVoice because it lacked important document revision commands
that were part of NaturallySpeaking, e.g., SELECT x THROUGH y; RESUME WITH
x; INSERT BEFORE x; and INSERT AFTER x. I don't know whether ViaVoice now
has some or all of these commands.

ViaVoice is now a ScanSoft product. I think IBM sold it to ScanSoft about
two years ago.

I have seen JawBone in action, and I was impressed. With JawBone (and I
assume J-Say) installed, it is possible for a screen reader to run
NaturallySpeaking without sighted assistance. Without these products, I
don't think so. Not easily anyway.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.