EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pranav Lal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 12:20:22 +0530
Hi all,

I am looking at Easi's online courses. I am blind and am working as a
computer programmer and faculty at Career Launcher India ltd.
(http://www.careerlauncher.com)

I want to go beyond the standard accessible web design tips like alt tags
for images so the Advanced Barrier-free Web Design course seems to be the
right choice but I also want to look at making content accessible to the
disabled. Right now most of Career Launcher's content is on the web or cd
and not too much multi-media is being used. There are a few animations but
besides testing them with my screen reader and checking the guidelines I
have not been able to evaluate their accessibility.

To add to this, I need to understand some aspects of web design. For
instance, what happens if I create a table using style sheets and some one
comes along, over rides them? How do I design a page to cater to such a
scenario?

Which EASI course should I take? I suspect that my requirements would not
be met by one course but I need to start some where.
Pranav