From:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:13:57 -0800

Greetings All,

I just want to give a "high-five" to all of you for your helpfulness.  Since subscribing to this list, I have eaten at three different restaurants that I would not have known were Celiac friendly had it not been for this wonderful network of Celiacs and Celiac-supporters!  I have had several meals at Outback Steakhouse, especially enjoying topping off my meal with the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under dessert (a fabulous pecan brownie/ice cream/chocolate sauce/whipped cream dessert that those who do not have Celiac also enjoy).  Kudos to the chef that developed that recipe!  Last week, I ate lunch at PF Changs, enjoying Chinese food for the first time in three years!  Now if only we could get them to make gluten-free spring rolls and potstickers, I'd eat there at least once a week!  And in early October, I dined at the Corbett Fish House while in Portland, Oregon for the 2005 Portland Marathon, enjoying fish and chips (another meal I've not eaten in three years, except when prepared at home) and the most fabulous chocolate-covered rum-soaked gluten-free macaroon and part of my brother's gluten-free cheesecake, too (What can I say... I'd walked 26.2 miles earlier that day; I was hungry!).  It was amazing how good the fish tastes when battered with rice flour rather than wheat flour.  You can actually taste the fish!  I might have learned about Outback Steakhouse and PF Changs on my own eventually, but I know I would never have known about Corbett Fish House if it wasn't for people like you and the many Celiac support groups in the various cities around the world to help us identify and share this information.

Many Thanks!
~Tamara in Sacramento