From:
Paul Otto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 20:18:37 EDT

Thanks so much for the responses.  As you can see, they'll easily fill up my
time.  Here is an excellent place to start:  www.penny.ca/Newbrunswick.htm

-------------------------------
The Inn on the Pond in Mactaquac NB serves up delicious Gluten free food.

On The Pond Lodge
#20 Route 615
Jewett Mills, New Brunswick E6L 1M2
Phone: (506) 363-3420 / Toll Free: (800) 984-2555
<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">E-Mail Me!</A>
The Old Shepody Mill Restaurant in Hopewell NB is a totally gluten free
restaurant and the owner also sells frozen portions (Rosie's Gluten Free Gormet
Food) of wonderful gormet food (great for travelling!) including pizza, bread,
pot pies, pasta dishes, cookies, etc.
Address 5095 Highway 114, Shepody, NB - Phone 1-506-882-2211.

Also, you can buy organic gluten free beer in New Brunswick at the Liquor
store on Prospect Street in Fredericton. It's called Les Messangerie.

Any B&B, with notice, will provide for special dietary requirements.

------------

My husband and I have stayed at these cabins twice and Terry and his wife are
really nice.  Also they are quite familiar with dietary needs and celiac.
Had no problem while staying there.

<A HREF="http://www.resortsandlodges.com/lodging/canada/new-brunswick/new-brunswick-2.html">http://www.resortsandlodges.com/lodging/canada/new-brunswick/new-brunswick-2.h
tml</A>

Adair's Lodge & Cabins - Kingston
<A HREF="http://www.resortsandlodges.com/bin/return.php?pi=MAIN&ci=ral&fl=&ft=&sn=NEWBRUNS&id=44707&ct=MAIN&noframes=&desturl=http://click.resortsandlodges.com/345555555DFG/http://www.adairslodgeandcabins.com/">Visit Website</A>
Adair's Lodge & Cabins, located on the rural Kingston Peninsula, offers a
quiet family getaway for the nature-lover. Their nature trails, winding through
open forest, provide ample opportunity for hiking or cross-country skiing. With
three lakes in the surrounding wooded area, there is also opportunity for
swimming, boating, and canoeing. Accommodations are available either in the
bed-and-breakfast-style lodge, or in the 2- or 3-room private log cabins. <A HREF="http://www.resortsandlodges.com/bin/return.php?pi=MAIN&ci=ral&fl=&ft=&sn=NEWBRUNS&id=44707&ct=MAIN&noframes=&desturl=http://click.resortsandlodges.com/345555555DFG/http://www.adairslodgeandcabins.com/">read
more...</A>Phone: Tel: (506) 763-2617   Price Range: $1 - $75   Size: 20 - 49 Units
Open Season: N/A
Kids Allowed: Yes   Pets Allowed: No   Restaurant Onsite: Yes   Conference
Facility: Yes
Nearest Popular City: Kingston   Nearest Lake/River: N/A   Languages: English
  Lodging Types: Family Resorts   Activities: Biking or Bicycling, Canoeing
and Paddling, Wildlife and Nature   Details Provided By: Adair's Lodge & Cabins

-------------

i just ate at boomerangs in Moncton (where i live) and they went out of their
way to ensure that my meal was GF! :)
you can find them online at www.boomerangs.ca
also, our atlantic superstore locations in moncton are all market-concept
types, so they have health food/natural food sections w/ reasonable selections of
GF products.
one of the sobey's locations (riverview, 'burb in moncton) has a decent
health food/natural food section w/ GF items
the irving mainway restaurants (basically trucker food & restaurant chain)
does well w/ GF items :) they have gone out of their way at both the Salisbury
Bigstop (on the TCH just west of Moncton), and the Aulac Bigstop (just off the
TCH just before the NS border) locations to ensure that i have safe food :)
Boston pizza on Mountain Rd (THE restaurant alley of moncton) treats me well
with items, and is more than willing to mix'n'match their menu items to make
sure i get something edible, yummy and GF :)
the Corn Crib (mountain road again) has a gf section,

------------

I moved to Moncton, NB recently and was very happy to find that there is
a great Thai Food restaurant on Main street that is almost totally GF
friendly.  The name is "Vien Dong" and just ask for the GF menu.  After
years of avoiding eating out like the plague, it was so great to
discover this place.

There is also a Montana's which I'm told has GF options.

There are many Health Food Stores too, my favorite ones being

"Corn Crib" on Mountain Road and "Dandelion" in Dieppe.

The two big grocery stores now have very good healthy sections including
many GF options, such as breads, pizzas, you know, the Glutino brands
and all that.