Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 12:50:17 -0500

Thank you to all who submitted recipes.

This recipe came with high marks for its simplicity, texture & versatility.
I haven't tried it myself. The author uses a GF blend w/some rice flour.

** 1 stick softened butter
** 1 1/2 cups sugar
** 2 large eggs
** 1 cup apple sauce
** 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
** 2 cups GF flour blend*
** 1/4 teaspoon salt
** 1 teaspoon baking powder
** 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
** 1 teaspoon cinnamon
** 1/2 teaspoon cloves

Cream butter & sugar. Blend in eggs, then apple sauce. Add dry
ingredients & mix thoroughly. Bake 45 to 55 minutes in well greased &
floured 8 inch square cake pan. I have a six cup decorative tube cake pan
works well for this cake, but the recipe originally was written for 8"
square.

Frosting: 3 ounces cream cheese softened. Blend in confectioners sugar
till desired consistency & taste.

Zuchinni Cake: substitute pureed zuchinni for apple sauce

Chocolate zuchinni Cake: substitute pureed zuchinni for apple sauce and 1/3
cup cocoa powder for the rice flour.

Carrot Cake: Blend carrots in blender with water. Drain well. Substitute
one cup carrots for applesauce & increase eggs to four eggs. (May be too
large for 8" square pan. It almost overflowed my 6 cup tube pan.)