Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:59:33 EDT

Thanks to all who responded!  My daughter just ate what she brought with
her--the day was rainy and cold--she was soaked when she returned and her food was
not in danger of spoiling that day!  The school cleared it with the park to
allow her cooler in the park and to be placed in a locker.  Also, a great
suggestion came in after she went--a member suggested she could keep the food in a
refridgerator in the first aid station, especially good for summer months.  If
I have this situation again, I am going to look into that!

Here are my responses!:

Hi...I went into the archives for my granddaughter whose class trip will be
to Great Adventure.  One source said only the Sabrette hot dogs are GF (no bun
of course).  However, there is a McDonalds and a Burger King just outside and
that was where this family ate.  I don't know if your daughter would have the
option of doing that.
I will be interested to see if you get additional information from the list.
Hope your daughter has a good time...and yes, it's so difficult for the kids
to feel different.
Carol
 have never been there, but is there are any stands that sell just fries,
she should be able to have those.
Hi,  My daughter was invited to go with a group for a birthday party at Six
Flags recently.  I went along.  First, call right now and get the name of the
Food Services Manager.  Talk to him or her and get permission to bring in
outside food.  Sometimes they do a very thorough search of your bags at the
entrance, and they don't like outside food coming in.  It helps a lot to have the
name and say you have permission.  Then, there should be at least a few things to
eat for her.  Popsicles, lemonade, maybe snow cone sort of things, maybe a
Ben and Jerry's stand-of course, you would ask for a freshly opened container of
a safe flavor and watch them wash the scooper.  Most or all of the fries will
NOT be in a dedicated fryer.  You might be able to get plain popcorn.  Some
of the sodas will be on the gf list.  The food manager at our area's Six Flags
was nice, but clueless.  He gave me wrong information.  Your daughter is
older, so she will probably recognize something safe. Is she well trained in
reading the labels herself and knowing what is suspicious?   It also depends if they
have all of the stands open yet, early in the season.  We really needed our
own food that we brought.  Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.
Call Six Flags. They have a website that you can google. You can get the
phone number and ask them for information. I hope the rain clears out so she
has a nice day. I live near Six Flags, although I haven't been there in many
years, so I can't help, but I know they have a user-friendly customer
service.
there is a place that makes butterfly fries and regular fries, natural cut
fries.  they are the only two things made there, I feed those to my son. It's
located opposite Nathan's hotdogs, in that section, I just can't recall the
name. Hope it's not too later.   Also, at the chinese restaurant I get him white
rice.
I cant help with places to eat or anything --- but the last time I went to
Great Adventure, nearly 2 yrs ago, I was not permitted to bring in a cooler....I
left it in the car, and we went out for me to eat, then just did re-entry.
Hopefully, because she is with the school, they will allow it.