From:
Megan Tichy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan Tichy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:39:54 -0500

In light of Valerie's recent post: "I decided years ago to
ignore the issue & take whatever OTC or prescription
medication I need....Some of you may think this careless &
lax. Maybe it is. But my life is complicated enough as it
is w/o stressing over every pill I take. This practice so
far works for me."

-----

Perhaps it would be more useful to have a list of drugs
that currently *contain* gluten... rather than pages upon
pages listing meds that currently *do not* contain gluten.

Anybody know why these lists don't exist? Or do they? Is
it because drug companies will not divulge the necessary
product & manufacturing information? They don't want to
commit?

If so, maybe it would be in order to compile a list of
drugs that the company/manufacturer refuses to declare
"gluten-free". An "unsafe" as-of-yet list, or "suspect"
list.

Email me with the exact names/ dosages of your suspect
drugs. I'll summarize.

Megan Tichy, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University