Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 12:36:55 -0500

The following recipes were sent by folks in request to my plea for a fluffy
cake.  My thanks to all who replied. Due to the volume of replies, I am not
able to post all of the recipes, and so have omitted anything that appeared
to be more of a square or bar.

http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/glutenfreeyellowcake.asp  A Duncan Hines type
cake;  uses mayo. Highly recommended.

PETITE YELLOW CAKE
** 2/3 c. cornstarch
** 2/3 c. potato starch
** 2 tsp. baking powder
** 1/2 tsp. salt
** 1 tsp. guar gum
** 2/3 c. sugar
** 1 egg
** 3 Tbsp. oil
** 1 tsp. vanilla
** 1/2 tsp. baking soda
** 3/4 c. milk.
****  Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients except milk. Slowly add
milk while stirring, and ensure all lumps are removed. Pour batter into
greased 8" round pan. Bake 25-30 min. until pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Serves 9.

ANGEL FOOD CAKE
** 14 egg whites (1 ½ c)
** 1/2 c cornstarch
** 1/2 tsp salt
** 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
** 1 c powdered sugar
** 1/2 c potato starch
** 2/3 c sugar
** 2 tsp dried lemon peel
****  Egg whites must be at room temp. Sift together: pdr sugar, flour &
cornstarch. Measure sugar & keep handy.  Place in large glass bowl: egg
whites, cream of tartar, salt & lemon peel. W/ mixer on high, beat til
mixture is well blended. Continue to beat, adding the sugar slowly. Beat
just til sugar is dissolved & whites form stiff peaks. Gently fold in flour
& pdr sugar mixture about one-fourth at a time, folding just enough so the
flour disappears. Pour batter into ungreased tube pan & cut through to
break any air bubbles. Bake 35 min at 375, or til tops springs back when
lightly touched. Remove from oven & invert pan to cool cake.  Remove cake
only when completely cool.

WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE
** 1 c butter or margarine
** 1 c water
** 2 c gf flour mix
** 2 c sugar
** 2 eggs, beaten
** 1/2 c sour cream
** 1 tsp almond
** 1 tsp salt
** 1 tsp baking soda
** 1/4 tsp baking powder
** 2 tsp xanthan gum
****  In large saucepan, bring butter & water to boil. Remove from  heat;
wisk in remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour into greased 15x10 baking
pan. (I have also used smaller pan). Bake at 375 for 20-22 min until cake
is golden brown & tests done. Cool for 20 min.
FROSTING:  **  1/2 c butter  **  1/4 c milk   ** 4 1/2 c powdered sugar
**  1/2 tsp almond  ** 1 c chopped walnuts (opt).  ****  Combine milk &
butter in saucepan & bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add sugar & almond.
Mix well. Spread over warm cake

SPONGE CAKE & WHIPPED CREAM CAKE recipes were also submitted -- but were
posted Sun May 29, 2005 in a thread entitled "Bithday Cake."