From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:54:06 -0400
Clarification:
I'm defining a "Network Drive" as any drive available to users on a
network. see: http://www.satellite-tv-hq.com/telecom-glossary-n.htm
Since Mick wants to use the drive as storage on a home network (That's
how I use mine) any drive in a USB case will suit the purpose simply and
cheaply.
Attach the drive to any computer on the network, set up the proper
permissions, and go for it.

David Gillett wrote:

>  An external USB drive attaches to a *computer*, which may share it to the
>network.
>
>  A "network drive" includes a minimal host system and network interface to
>attach to an ethernet network speaking TCP/IP and shre itself with computers
>on the network -- no additional computer needed.
>
>David Gillett
>

>On 15 Aug 2005 at 3:25, Hugh Vandervoort wrote:
>

>>This article will help: http://www.ugr.com/nl1104.html
>>Just Google "External HD Case" and you'll find a large selection.
>>Computer Geeks had a sale a few weeks ago: 30 GB Laptop drive with a
>>free USB case for about $60.00. It took about two minutes to setup and
>>fits in a shirt pocket.
>>
>>Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:
>>

>>>Hello
>>>
>>>I want to set up a network drive to use as storage on home network.
>>>
>>>I've seen a few 'ready made' ones by freecom etc.
>>>
>>>What I'd like to make my own. Is there any 'cases' out there that I can use
>>>and put my own harddrive in it? I'm in the UK
>>>

>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,