Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
David Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:21:13 +0000
It seems the disk will not work on win 98.  Win 98se is earliest it will work on????  I was being cheap and tried to uses a old disk I had around.  I gave up and ordered a new one.
I put the old disk as second and it was not found.  Also had jumper as cable select.  When mover it to master of slave the computer would load past the initial bios
--
David

> David Davies' post (clipped)
>
> <<< I replace a faulty hd is my old p2, plugged it in, put windows 98 boot disk
> in
> and went thru Bios and that is all.>>>
>
> As far as I know one can not access the bios from a "boot disk" but am willing
> to be corrected by more knowledgeble members of the list.
>
> <<< I put disk
> into another comp, formatted, partioned using fat32 and looked fine before
> installing.>>>
>
> would it be possible to load win 98 (which you seem to be attempting) by
> connecting the replacement disk to this " another computer " and sort of have it
> pre loaded with the operating system.
>
> FWIW--- and good luck----Venkat Viswanathan
>
> PCBUILD's List Owners:
> Bob Wright