IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sara Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:45:34 +1000
Sylvia's granddaughter has sent this message to most of the names in her
Eudora address book.  There will be duplications, but as well, I'm sending
it along here.

-----------------
From: [log in to unmask]

Sylvia, my grandmother, will be turning 70 this October and we have decided
to assemble a journal of all the wonderful times Sylvia has shared with her
friends and family. This record will tell those who haven't been born into
the Caras family yet what my loving grandmother was like.

We've created a blog for her birthday.  Please use the comments link to post
a message.

She and I have a tradition of celebrating her birthday together.  We have
had supper at Kentucky Fried Chicken, birthday cake for breakfast in Santa
Cruz and for dinner in Santa Barbara, and lunch at San Francisco's Museum of
Modern Art.  This year, as she turns 70, I am inviting you to celebrate her
birthday with us electronically.

My parents Lisa and Geoff Caras own http://www.igneous.com/ The Igneous
Group and the http://www.lavarockcafe.com/ LavaRock Internet Café.  (The
Café is where we all had chocolate cake for breakfast.) . We've set up a
blog for her birthday, and have posted a link to a photo album.  Please tell
me how you know my grandmother, a story about her, how you know her, a story
about you and her together, the work she does - something that will enable
me to picture her personality and her work.  Your posting to her blog will
be wonderful messages that I can keep to remember her by and share with my
children when I have them - children she probably won't meet.

Please visit  and select the link to Seventy! at the very top of the
http://www.peoplewho.org/
People Who page, or go directly to http://sylviaisseventy.blogspot.com/  to
post your message.

I've tried to reach the people I think she knows, but do please forward this
email to anyone you think I may have missed.

Zoe

People Who experience mood swings, fear,
voices and visions: each other on the internet
www.peoplewho.org