C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:57:49 -1000
Aloha,
         I like you am on the list to learn about CP first hand so I can
better help my 7 year old grandson with spastic diplegia. He is amazing. I
was bending down to tie his shoes and nearly lost my balance and I said
Case I am losing my balance as I get older. Without missing a beat he
retorts, "Nana, we can take turns pushing each other around in my
wheelchair. You are not old." I remember thinking as a child how people
younger than I am now, were old. His perspective is insightful, humane, and
wonderful to be around. He is ambulatory, mainstreamed, his father runs the
AYSO soccer where the kids play with partners who help them on the field,
smart, and caring like the people on this list.
         I love it that CP is not the only topic as people with CP are
balanced and broad individuals with many interests. I also love it most
seem to understand Bush is not what he claims to be. I hate the blame the
victims attitude of this Katrina disaster
         Case is soon headed for his first surgery on his eyes to try and
get his vision to work binocularly. Anyone who has had this experience and
would like to comment on it please do so.

Aloha and Mahalo to everyone,

Linda