From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:00:21 -0500
Hi.

I am unfamiliar with the IC2120, but I think that the IC746 takes the same
UT102 speech module that is used by the 706 series.  Also, I know for a
fact that the Millenium QSYer works on the 746, so you could gain keypad
frequency capabilities.  I have found this to be as valuable as the voice
synthesizer for NTS work, because it keeps you from doing the "tune a
little bit, hit the button" over and over until you find the
frequency.  Just key it in, and you are there.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:00 AM 3/5/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>HI folks,
>
>Curious if there is a speech board for the Icom 746.  I work at a
>local hospital station quite a bit.  Tired of sniffing the display on
>the hf rig.  Since I've no antennas at home where I live currently I'm
>over there quite a bit to run traffic nets and my usual ncs duties on
>the maritime mobile service net.  I'm basically their ham volunteer
>coordinator for disaster preparedness.
>
>THe 2120 is a nice dual band vhf/uhf (2 meters and 440) rig, dual
>receive.  Curious if there's speech for it as well.
>
>Anybody familiar with these radios?
>
>ON similar subject does anybody know of ascii manuals for either of
>these available anywehre?
>
>73 de nf5b
>

>Richard Webb
>
>Electric Spider Productions
>                                             "They that can give up
> essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
>Historical review of Pennsylvania

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]