VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Arianna Calesso <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arianna Calesso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:32:03 -0500
I have installed a Doubletalk LT on a USB hub with a USB/serial cable
connection.  The first time I tried it everything worked just fine, but now
when I switch using JAWS 6.0 from eloquence to the DoubleTalk the computer
locks up and I have to shut down using the power button.  Since the
USB/serial cable software has set the port as comm4 I have set the JFW.INI
file that way, too.

Would anyone have any suggestions or help with this problem?  I want an
external synthesizer on my HP Pavilion ZD7000 notebook computer so I can
listen to the radio through my computer's sound card and have the DoubleTalk
voice for doing email, etc. at the same time.  my OS is Windows XP Home.

Many thanks for any guidance.

Arianna Calesso