From:
Diane Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:58:33 -0700
David Gillett wrote:

>  A buddy of mine recently encountered a similar situation where he wondered
>about connecting DSL client computers to two different extensions in the
>house.  I had to tell him that I would be amazed if that would work -- that
>a far more certain option was to put his wireless router on his existing DSL
>jack and use Ethernet and=or wireless to provide connectivity to the rest of
>the property.
>David Gillett

How are they expanding the signal from one building to another?  I
need to clear trees and fog.
Here, they have the network wireless within the main
house.  It isn't very consistent, even though they've implimented a
Linksys range expander at the bottom of the stairway and a signal booster on top
of the wireless router.  Sometimes I think this house is a residence
trying to be a business, in terms of all the wiring of phones and
computers and satellite widgets.(no, not-off track whatevers, just
info and gadget junkies...truly clicker hell)

Another question:
What is the purpose of a wireless network access
point (Linksys WAP11) on top of the wireless router (D-Link Dl-624)?
Isn't the wireless router the access point?  They've got the modem;
then, in a tower configuration: wireless router, wireless access point,
wireless signal booster.

Diane
PS...apologies for the crazy formatting; can't seem to wrangle Thunderbird.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml