ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:12:18 -0600
Well, I must share a mile stone with you.
This past sunday, our daughter got married.
That's two weddings in one weekend.
We attended my brother's wedding on saturday.  He divorced not too long ago
and his church wouldn't marry him again.
So, he found this "spirit filled church"?
It was the strangest church we had ever been too.
It is located in a strip mall.  Sandwiched between the dollar store and a
record store.  A little biddy store front place.  It wasn't quite like
viewing a wedding in a photo booth but it was odd.
They didn't scream and holler or anything and I don't even think they called
out or anything like that.
However, the next day, as we were sitting in our living room, our daughter,
who is a toddler came to us with her raggedy Andy doll in her arms and
informed my wife that she and Andy were married now.
We thought that was cute and we praised her for it and so on, had a good
laugh and all.
Then, we were talking to one another right after that and the baby walked
over and lined up three of her teddy bears so that they were sitting side by
side in front of the entertainment center, stood up in front of them and put
her arm around Andy, faced the bears and said "Praise the lord!".
hahahahahahahahhah
We about died.
She said that like 3 times.
It was too cute!
I guess that was her idea of a ceremony.
Sadly, the next day she took the clothes off of Andy and we had to take him
away from her for a while.
That's one of her favorite tricks.
None of her dolls keep clothes on for long and we have been getting onto her
about that.
The "Praise the lord" thing was too precious though.
It's not like we go around saying that or anything and it's not a big thing
in our church or even at that wedding in the strip mall church.
However, she changed it yesterday and today to I praise the lord my soul to
keep so I guess it comes from the prayer.

Take Care,

Matt