ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:25:21 -0700
I love this passage as shared in The Message.  Had occasion to take another
look at it, doing some study this evening.  Thought I'd share it with you.
Maybe you might have thoughts and comments here.

Matthew 6, verses 25 through 34:

"If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you
don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in
your closet are
in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your
stomach,
more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body.

Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description,
careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.  "Has
anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much
as an inch?

All this time and money wasted on fashion--do you think it makes that much
difference?
Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the
wildflowers.  They never primp or shop,

but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed
men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.

"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers--most of which
are
never even seen--don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do
his best for you?

What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied
with
getting, so you can respond to God's giving.

People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but
you know
both God and how he works.

Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry
About missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get
worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal
with whatever
hard things come up when the time comes.

Vicki