ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 16:51:29 -0600
George went back to work this week but just felt unable to go in to work
today.  His manager told him just to take it easy in coming back to work and
to plan on just working one or two days a week at first.  Wal-Mart sure has
been good to George and especially by giving him a day time job instead of
all night jobs.

I prayed with George today because of some anger and revenge issues that
surfaced.  There are many things during a grieving cycle of a person's life
that are normal.  The high and sudden lows of emotions, the physical
fatigue, poor sleeping, and mental and emotional confusion.  All such things
level out over a period of time.  If they don't, they need to be addressed.
When it comes to things such as sustained fear or anger or even revenge,
something else is going on.  The grieving process itself will often mask
these problems.

Today, when George made mention of these feelings, we prayed and the Lord
showed him exactly why he had such feelings.  He confessed the feelings of
revenge as sin and gave the anger to the Lord.  Suddenly, and without me
asking him, George said, "Well, it's gone."  I asked him what was gone.  He
said, "The anger and revengeful feelings I had toward my father in law.  In
fact," he said, "I feel sorry for him now because he must be a very unhappy
and sad man."  His father in law, by the way, was very unkind during
Jennifer's funeral and said some very hurtful things to his own daughters.

Vivian I know only a little about.  George has told me some things but it
appears changes are occurring in her life as well.

George already has a website and already has several hours of prayer
ministry conducted.  In fact, a lady working in his department at Wal-Mart
lost a two year old child 20 years ago and is still grieving today.  She is
a Christian so we are praying George gets a chance to pray with her some day
soon.

One may wonder if grief can really last for years.  Yes and with many
various side effects.  My father had been dead for almost 40 years before
the Lord healed me in areas I now see were grief based.  No, this does not
mean you stop missing the loved one who has passed away.  It does mean, once
healed, it will no longer adversely effect your daily life.

www.safeharborprayerministries.com
www.safeplacefellowship.com