C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:13:05 EDT
Oh, don't even get me started.  I live in a double Bush state.  Talk about a
bunch of unfunded mandates.  Schools are so bogged down with the minimally
funded No Child Left Behind act, that special education has become even more
of a fight for the children I work with.

Beth, Kat, Cindy and Gary,

    Bush has been a disaster for social service programs. The deficit, the
war and many other "urgent programs" are siphoning billions away from human
social programs. The only reason he funded "No Child Left Behind" is to have
something Laura could work toward.It's all about oil. There is no coincidence oil
is $50 a barrel! All the $ desiignated for the disabled and others is now
funneled to the war on terror, which we are losing in an absurd, stupid and
expensive way.

Bobby