Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:06:47 -0800
Hi Tom,

I recently bought a Dell CPI-266 p2 lap top offof qth.com with cd-rom and
floppy drive.  The costs of replacing batteries and all it sometimes is less
expensive in the long run to buy an older used lap top.  I was looking for
serial port access for programming radios, scanners and a couple of repeater
controllers.  $250.00 and I got everything I needed plus some extras plus
everything works.  I know money doesn't grow on tree's hi hi but sometimes
in the long run you might be better off.  Anyway, just a suggestion!

Brian, k5in oh yes, check Mr. Nicad and/or Battery Tech for possible
replacement batteries but they probably will be in the $150.00 range.