From:
Jack McSpadden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack McSpadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:05:16 -0600
Hi all,
I have had an IC703 plus since last year and took it on a cruise in late november and early december and got permission to operate it from stern deck with portable antenna.  I have found with the UT-102 voice and the menu structure the rig is relatively easy to operate and even change menu items on the fly.  In addition Ham Radio Deluxe with the proper CI-V interface cable can be used with a computer to set up a number of parameters.
If you have been considering on for qrp or portable or apartment dwelling use, I will be glad to share a few tricks I learned in operating it and the super antenna ZMP-1.
Cheers and 73s to all
Oh, btw, are there any blind hams out there who support their ham radio habit with piano tuning as I do.  Looking for some rare and hard to find Hale discontinued products.
Jack wa5rop