From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:32:07 -0400
Yah ten does open incredibly in the fall and winter, most people who use the
band slightly below it can certainly verify this fact. Yesterday on ten I
worked some stations in New Jersey and Amherst Mass. There was someone in
Main running some serious power. He was almost interfering with me as I
tuned up a few frequencies. I was somewhere around 28600. I gave him a shout
but he didn't hear me.

     Just before I checked my email about 10 minutes ago, I worked a station
in Sweden on 17 meters, and some gb3 station on twenty. Then there was an
oz2 station who was very loud. He didn't understand English but got my call
and I took off on him as he wanted to exchange qsl cards. I couldn't
understand him so there was no point. Let's see what the rest of the day
brings. I'll check periodically as I'm doing some reading, catching  up on
some novels I started.