From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:21:27 -0500
I've had  good success with a shortened dipole from Hy Power antennas.

http://www.freewebs.com/hypower/

I'm using one that is 124 feet long and  has 2  coils in each leg, so
resonant on  40,75,  and160.  Usable bandwith on 160 is about 25khz.   They
also have one 109 ft long for 20, 40, 75, and 160.   Mine is bent at one end
to fit lot size.

Without going nuts on 160 and only working a few contests the past  2
seasons, I've worked 42 states and 16 dxcc countries.    100 watts and
highest part of antenna  about 40 ft.   Most of it  closer to 25-30 ft.

A little higher and a few more  watts next season perhaps.

Had less success with a  Butternut HF 6 V vertical with 160 add on kit.
Radial system  is a pain at  this QTH.
  If I had the real estate for ground system  I'd  reconsider  a taller
vertical or inverted  L.

Good luck, Steve KW3A