John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:28:47 -0500
the 746 has one though you can't read the menu, never heard of the 2120
though if that's actually the 2720,  there is no speech for it and with out
software to program it, it's completely and totally useless to people with
no sight. We have one in the EOC I help out in and basically it has the
stuff we need in it and I can tune around in the memories or VFO but that's
about it, no programming memories, no programming PL's though it will search
for them though I don't know how.  Unless there is a 2120,  I know nothing
about that. Does it have the detached face plate? and 2 totally separate
receivers? separate volume knobs and squelch and all?  I actually thought
about that one for mobile but know there are a lot of problems with them so
when we get a new family vehicle I'll probably just use the 706 and take it
in and out of the car with me.
----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:00 AM
Subject: Icom ic-746 and ic-2120 speech modules?

HI folks,

Curious if there is a speech board for the Icom 746.  I work at a
local hospital station quite a bit.  Tired of sniffing the display on
the hf rig.  Since I've no antennas at home where I live currently I'm
over there quite a bit to run traffic nets and my usual ncs duties on
the maritime mobile service net.  I'm basically their ham volunteer
coordinator for disaster preparedness.

THe 2120 is a nice dual band vhf/uhf (2 meters and 440) rig, dual
receive.  Curious if there's speech for it as well.

Anybody familiar with these radios?

ON similar subject does anybody know of ascii manuals for either of
these available anywehre?

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
                                            "They that can give up essential
liberty to obtain a little temporary
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania