From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:01:39 -0500
Hi Walt.

So did the antennas that were set at right angles to each other.  However,
I imagine that having a resonant element on 15 meters worked better than
that a resonant antenna still beats a harmonically related antenna under
most circumstances.  When I lived at my first location in East Bethany, NY,
I had separate resonant antennas for 40 meters and 15 meters.  The 15 meter
dipole always outperformed the 40 meter dipole on 15 meters.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 08:15 AM 1/31/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>In 1994 I was getting ready to come to Connecticut for a four month visit.
>I wanted to operate HF while I was up here.  It turned out that I stayed up
>here.  I built with the help of a sighted man and an antenna analyzer.  We
>built an antenna for the frequencies of 3940, 7240  and 21,340,
>approximately.  It was fed with RG58. We used 18 gauge insulated wire and I
>used short pieces of 3/8 inch pvc pipe for separators.  We put the pipe
>every six feet.  The wires were only about four inches between them.  For a
>temporary antenna, it did an exceptional job.  It was up and I used it for
>more than four years when there was an ice storm that overloaded the push up
>pole and it buckled.  I bought a commercial antenna after that but it isn't
>as good as the temporary antenna we built.  It is better to have the
>antennas 90 degrees to each other but that restricts you to 2 bands.  As I
>said above, it was cut for 75, 40 and 15 meters.  It would also load up on
>20 and 10 meters.  73.
>Walt
>WA4QXT
>Quaker Hill CT