From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:45:03 -0500
I've used the cheap RS twin lead with no problems. At the gap at the top of
the tuning stub I like to re-enforce by taping a short piece of wooden dowel
or whatever you find to strengthen the gap.  I do the same for the contact
points of the coax.  I like to tape the coax to the stub all the way down to
the shorted end.  Hope this makes sense.  The best one of these I've ever
made is probably still hanging behind the curtains in some hotel...good
thing these things are cheap.  The cleaning crew probably thought a spy
stayed in that room. <g>

Ken -N5SWR