From:
Christopher Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:42:37 -0500
Greetings,
Recently on this list there has been some talk extolling the merits of
verious antenna such as butternub hf9v, g5rv and someothers. I'd like to
approach the topic from the premise that hams ain't getting any younger,
and finding help to erect towers and wire antennas will become even a
greater challenge over time.

With this in mind I starting looking at the product reviews on eham.net
under the antennas/hf/portable category.  I was first amazed at the number
of portable antennas.  I was further impressed with some of the favorable
opinions on some of the products.

We've had good discussions of accessible hf rigs, but what about antennas?
Let's start with the hypothetical question of how you would get on the air
if you didn't have either the pysical space or the man power to erect
typical full-sized antennas or towers.  Let see if we can come up with some
options from either the eham.net listing or other ideas which you could
offer.

73 Chris w1gm