From:
Kate Freeburg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kate Freeburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 21:28:23 -0700

I just returned from a week in Orlando.  I was at a conference held at the
Dolphin Hotel at the EPCOT Resort.  I contacted the conference committee and
made sure they were aware of my dietary restrictions before the conference.
The banquet staff at the Dolphin were very accommodating. I also made
reservations at the Mediterranean Fresh Market for breakfast while I was
there.  The chef contacted me before my arrival and had gluten free bread
and pancake mix available.  I also made reservations at Palio's located in
the Swan Hotel and again the chef contacted me ahead of time.  I also at the
Flying Fish on the Boardwalk.  The chef came out and went over the menu. He
contacted the bakery and was able to get some gluten free diner rolls and
made up a crème broulee for desert.

After the conference we stayed in Maitland at a place with a small kitchen.
There is an excellent health food store CHAMBERLIN'S MARKET & CAFE 430 N
ORLANDO AVE MAITLAND,  FL  (407) 647-3330 with an excellent selection of
gluten free items. Chamberlin's has about 5 stores in the greater Orlando
area.  We found a snack bar Think Organic (makers of Think Thin) which was
gluten free.  They come in four flavors and have an excellent flavor.  Since
returning home to Washington state I have found the Think Organic bars at
our local Fred Meyers.

Kate Freeburg