From:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 16:00:57 -0500

LIstmates:

Special thanks to Randy for posting the links to two articles in the
SF Chronicle today (5/11).  I read both of them and I wanted to call
them to your attention again--just in case you did look at them.
They are both exceptionally good articles.

The article about CD is long--11 pages.  At the end there are 3
recipes:  Flax Bread, Teff Gingerbread with Dates, and Almond and
Lemon Cake.   They look wonderful and good.   The link for the main
article and recipes is:

     http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/11/FDGC2CKG861.DTL

The GF pasta article is a scored (on a scale of 100 points) taste
test.  I was impressed that a special qualified panel was assembled
for the evaluation.  Prices for the pasta tested and more description
of each pasta is included in the article.  The panelists were John
Carroll, cookbook author, San Francisco; Mark Dommen, chef, One
Market, San Francisco; Quinn Hatfield, chef, Cortez, San Francisco;
Donna Katzl, chef-owner, Cafe for All Seasons, San Francisco; Roland
Passot, chef-owner, La Folie and five Left Banks.  All products are
tasted blind; a perfect score would be 100.  Prices listed are the
lowest found, but products may be available at other stores.   The
link for the pasta story and GF pasta ratings is:

     http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/11/FDGNQCM27D1.DTL

..and do write to the SF Chronicle and thank them for doing a good job:
        Carol Ness, author of articles:  [log in to unmask]
        Editor for Food Section:  [log in to unmask]

Betsy
Austin, Texas