From:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:52:04 -0500

Thank you for the many quick responses to my request for information
around Frederickburg and Stafford Virginia..here are the responses...

Ukrop's Supermarket has all of their GF products in store posted online
(http://www.ukrops.com/health/gluten_free.asp).  They're a local
supermarket that's family owned, very supportive, a family friendly for
eating in and/or shopping.  Lots of prepared foods in their deli and take
out area that's a popular spot for lunch.  They also have a good GF
selection in the Organic area.  Great fresh fruits and veggies selection.
And they walk you to your car and load the groceries in your trunk for you!
We have had good luck at the Outback locally.  We have also had the wings
at Buffalo Wild Wings, a sports bar/restaurant that is ok for kids in the
early evenings.  Both are located in Central Park just off of I-95.

Ukrops grocery store is farther down route 3.  They have a natural food and
gluten free section.  Ready made food section has items that are gluten
free and the Rotisserie chicken is excellent.    Across the street is a
natural food store that is a bit more expensive.
________________
I don’t have any interest in this shop, and I live about an hour an a half
away, but we have friends who live near there.  It is great store and the
owner, Margaret, is wonderful to talk with.  It is called Carbway Low Carb
Foods and it is in the shopping center that is just off the interstate (I-
95) in Fredericksburg.  The shopping center is called Central Park.  The
shop’s address is 1757 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA  22401.
Depending on when you are going and how long you are going to stay you may
want to contact Margaret by email and see if she would have the things you
are interested in buying and if not she might just even order for you
while you are visiting.  Her email is [log in to unmask]  and their
phone is 540-785-7335 or 540-785-8049.  I hope you get a chance to visit
the store even if you don’t buy anything, I really love the way Margaret
has been open to whatever GF things people want.
----------------------
I live in Fredericksburg.  I don't eat out often but I had a very good
experience recently at Camille's.  They made me an "unwrap" by putting any
of the wrap fillings on top of rice.  The lady who I spoke with even made
my food herself so she could be careful for me.  They also make frozen
fruit shakes sweetened with honey.  They have tables both inside and out.
In the same row of shops is Carb Solutions.  I haven't been there, but
others have said that they have gluten-free food.

The best grocery store is Ukrop's.  It is on Route 3 West from Interstate
95, about a mile.  They have quite a few gluten-free products:  frozen
waffles, rice pasta, crackers, etc.

The healthfood store is across the street from Ukrop's.  It is called
Healthway. They have a nice selection of gluten-free items as well.