From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:02:05 -0700

Hello All,

We are travelling to Italy for 3 weeks this summer with our 11 year old celiac daughter and our 14 year old non celiac daughter.  My daughter was diagnosed 7 years ago and we travel quite a lot, so I am good with most things.  However, we have never taken the kids out of the States and was hoping to get some advice from all of you.

I speak some Italian so I think my communications will be fair to good.  That is not a problem.  I am hoping that there are a few of you on this list who have travelled in Italy within the last few years who can give me some specific infomation on what kinds of foods I will be able to purchase once I get there, what I will be able to find in stores, what kind of stores to look for etc.

Also, any restaurant tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We will be travelling to Como, Umbria (near Assisi), Rome, Lucca and Venice so any specific restaurant suggestions would be invaluable.

If you have the time and can communicate with me directly, I would be so thankful.  I would like to put this one worry behind me.

Thanks so much,

Beth Kassis