Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:14:05 -0500

Hi All,

Thanks for all the helpful information on Nevis.  We have sent ahead some bread, crackers, baking mix, etc that my 7 yr old could not do without, and will bring some cereal and snacks on the plane.

Here are your suggestions:

Four Seasons should be able to accommodate any restrictions.

Private Inn - I would call them and tell them about the restrictions. They should be able to make preparations for you and your son.

Rented house - there is a small grocery store in town but no huge selections. You should bring just about everything you need to keep him healthy and full.

    It's quite eccentric, very English and thus, full of glutenous things.   You must ask, ask, and ask again what's in what.  We stayed at the Nesbett Plantation where the staff would just disappear from the dining room to attend the "jump up", the local Friday night dance party.   I would carry some breakfast things, bread to toast, cereal to subsitute for theirs.  The fruits and vegetables, of course, are wonderful.  Funghee is a local corn dish.  Very good.

Yes, I stayed there a few years ago at the Four Seasons.  It is lovely,
un-spoiled, and non-touristy.  I had no problem explaining my gluten free
status and getting excellent gluten-free food.  Be sure and take an island
tour--lots of history (Alexander Hamilton's birthbplace, old sugar cane
plantations, at one time the richest island in the West Indies).

If you are Catholic, take in the Sunday Mass at the the larger of the two
churches on the island.  It is wonderful with its island music and
atmosphere....

Nevis is next to St Kitts in the Caribbean.  We were in the area just last month on a cruise but stopped at St Kitts.  I had these in my bookmarks.  Hope this helps.
http://www.nevisisland.com
http://www.stkittsnevis.org

http://www.nevis1.com/

Thank you,